We are very proud of our latest ERO review. Click an option below to read about some of the great work going on at Kai Iwi School
Some Quotes from the 2017 Review
"The values of resilience, respect and responsibility are actively promoted, taught, explored and modelled throughout the school. These underpin the school expectations and behaviour, underpinned by restorative practices."
"Learners at Kai Iwi School access a rich curriculum that effectively encourages their engagement, progress and achievement. There is clear alignment to The New Zealand Curriculum and the school's vision and values."
"Trustees and school staff provide a learning environment conducive to all students' welbeing. Parents, whānau and the wider communities involvement in the school is encouraged and valued. A positive tone and inclusive practice prevail."
Leaders and teachers:
- respond effectively to the strengths, needs and interests of each child
- regularly evaluate how well teaching is working for these children
- act on what they know works well for each child
- build teacher capability effectively to achieve equitable outcomes for all children
- are well placed to achieve and sustain equitable and excellent outcomes for all children.